Monday, May 12, 2008

Teeth (2007)



There are some males out there (and females too, I'm sure) who are simply morally opposed to the existence of a film featuring the severing of penises. And that's too bad, because this one is hilarious. Jess Weixler won a Special Jury Prize at Sundance for her role and I think in some alternate universe she was nominated for an Academy Award. After all, she is a fine actress and a beautiful girl. Some critics complained that the movie only had one trick, but making Dawn an abstinence advocate for local Christian groups was a brilliant touch, and at 88 minutes it really doesn't need any other gimmicks or plot devices besides a vagina with teeth.
IMDB

4 comments:

David said...

I am not sure I should have a comment here, but I think I will check this one out. Would you mind if I put it on the request list at Dave's Movie Reviews?

scituate said...

Ha, you don't need my permission to review the vagina dentata movie! If you want I'll request it myself though.

The Fallons said...

Dear Mike,
I am putting in a request that you reevaluate your 5 star rating for this movie.

I am at a loss for words on what else to say except for it was pretty painful to sit through that movie.

Will you reimburse me the $4.99 it cost to rent?

scituate said...

Yes, I will be happy to reimburse you. Every recommendation comes with a full guarantee. Will you accept five dollars worth of severed penises?