Sunday, May 25, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)



If the movie had been a little better I might have considered spending another thirty dollars and buying the Indiana Jones Lego set that the crystal skull pictured above belongs to. Before I rant let me point out that on this blog three stars means "it has some merit." I'm not telling you to see it but neither am I telling you to stay away. Besides, if you loved the first three movies as I did you will go see it no matter what anyone says. Without giving anything important away, here are the thoughts, in order, that ran through my mind while I was watching it: the opening scene is pointless, nice ambush scene though, the CGI prairie dogs are lame and remind me of Jar-Jar Binks, I love Cate Blanchett and her accent is decent but she is not a very good villain, Shia LaBeouf is a weird name, you would never survive an atomic blast like that, getting scrubbed down afterwards wouldn't help that much, the skull doesn't really match the style of the rest of the series, the driving off a cliff and feeling confident that you'll land safely in a tree scene would be better in an SNL skit, this plot is completely contrived, the alien skeleton chamber is cool, (and finally) I really hope that's not the last line of the film.
IMDB

No comments: