Monday, June 2, 2008

Ma Vie En Rose (1997)



A hunting buddy of mine lent me a copy of Ma Vie En Rose last week and I finally got around to watching it tonight. It's a very nice film about a 6-year old boy who desperately wishes he were a girl. The comedy is a little darker than you would probably imagine. His behavior causes some serious problems for his family and the intolerance of nearly their entire suburban community manifests in some mildly disturbing ways. I kept thinking about what the American remake of this movie would be like. Young Ludovic would be played by Damon Wayans or Adam Sandler, and the cross-dressing would be part of an elaborate scheme to protect a family fortune. That or they would have him get beaten to death or hit by a train while fleeing from bullies to give it a nice tragic and Oscar-worthy ending.
IMDB

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Laughing my ass off at the opening line. You funny bastage!

KT said...

Someone really did loan it to me, but it was a neighbor in California who was not actually a hunting buddy.

scituate said...

Oops, I was logged in as KT.