Friday, August 15, 2008

Me and You and Everyone We Know (2005)



It won a boatload of awards at film festivals all over the world. Many friends told me that they loved it or thought it was amazing. As long as I live I will never understand why. I'm familiar with the phenomenon of the movie that you either love or hate for mostly inexplicable reasons, but this one really baffles me. If I think about it too much I'll get the urge to light my hand on fire and go stare into somebody's window, which is what John Hawkes' character does in the first few minutes of the film for some reason. I think there's about the same chance that I am not intelligent enough to understand this film as there is that all the critics and viewers who celebrate it are afraid to admit that they don't get this pretentious piece of garbage either. And let's not forget the little kid in the chat room saying "You poop into my butt hole and I poop into your butt hole... back and forth... forever." It's not funny or fresh or "real". It's just stupid. I hate this movie.
IMDB

4 comments:

Soiled Sinema said...

This write-up made me laugh.
I personally liked it, but if you were to ask me why, I don't think I could give you a reason.

seekerIV said...

Miranda July for prez! Whats entertaininger than a 5 year old e-pooping a grown woman...then meeting her...and with a brush to the hair making her feel wordlessley beautiful and alive?

seekerIV said...

Miranda July for prez! Whats entertaininger than a 5 year old e-pooping a grown woman...then meeting her...and with a brush to the hair making her feel wordlessley beautiful and alive?

scituate said...

e-pooping? Is that a thing? They didn't have that when I was growing up. I kind of got where they were trying to go with that, but I still don't see it as any kind of great achievement.