Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Three O'Clock High (1987)



"You and me, we're gonna have a fight. Today. After school. Three o'clock. In the parking lot. You try and run, I'm gonna track you down. You go to a teacher, it's only gonna get worse. You sneak home, I'm gonna be under your bed."

God I love this movie. It's the only one I can think of, but I still want to say that this is the ultimate after-school fight film. I'm not sure how I managed to see it a few dozen times on TV in the late 80s when other people my age missed it completely. Maybe I should've been doing more extracurricular activities, but as we learn from the film's protagonist, Jerry, too many extracurriculars can get you into trouble, which is what happens when he is asked to interview the new transfer student, Buddy Revell (pictured above, making the only face he ever makes), for the school newspaper. Jerry makes the mistake of giving him a friendly pat on the back, but everyone knows that you don't touch Buddy Revell.
IMDB

No comments: