Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie (2004)



If you've only ever watched SpongeBob on TV for a few minutes and then decided that it was idiotic you are not alone, for a great many people have made the same mistake. And if you are a SpongeBob fan already and you haven't seen this yet then I can tell you that it's probably as funny as any of your favorite episodes. It's an eminently quotable adventure for the whole family with a wonderful message:

"No amount of mermaid magic...or managerial promotion...or some other third thing...can make me anything more than what I really am inside: a kid."
IMDB

5 comments:

trnc3 said...

point well made sir... too many peoples write this cartoon off as "idiotic", "childish", or "couldn't hold the attention of George W." but i find both the cartoon show and movie highly entertaining and pretty damn funny! so give it a chance. trust me, there are far worse things to waste your time viewing

scituate said...

Agreed. I trust you are familiar with the Sponge Who Could Fly aka the Lost Episode? Classic.

trnc3 said...

i am possibly unfamiliar with "the Lost Episode"... less of course my unfamiliarity lies in my inability to relate episodes of spongebob to their content (not as good as i am with simpsons)... i will have to verify my familiarity (or possible lack there of) and get back to you

scituate said...

I will be supplying you with a DVD containing said episode at our next real-world meeting.

trnc3 said...

i always hated the 'real worl'... too much drama, i'm more of a 'road rules' fan myself.
p.s. who ended up winning those challenges?!?